Another COP has drawn to a close, and this was potentially the…
In Port LNG Bunkering Barge Design
Houlder has developed a new LNG bunkering barge design. It will provide floating storage for 1500m3 of LNG for in port operation and be propelled by port tugs. A flow rate of 150m3/hr for LNG bunkering is expected. Power can be provided either by shore supply connection or diesel generators on board.
The LNG bunkering barge design has the following Principal Dimensions.
Length overall 62.00m
Breadth (Moulded) 16.00m
Key features include;
- LNG storage tank for 1500m3.
- Discharge rate of 150m3/hr
- Cargo deadweight 675 tons (noting that there is an option for storage of MGO to allow bunkering of both LNG and MGO.)
- Fenders sized for mooring forces of bunkered replenishment vessel and LNG fuelled vessels
- Appropriate navigation lights
The design includes 300kW diesel generators to power the following;
- Ex Rated Electric Mooring equipment (including Windlass for emergency anchoring)
- Hydraulic LNG hose handling crane
- LNG system
- Electric pumps
- Ventilation fans
- Machinery includes
- Oily bilge pumps and storage tank
- Seawater fire pump for firefighting
- Drencher pump
- Dry powder system for LNG firefighting
- Ballast Pumps for controlling trim and draught
- Bottle racks of Nitrogen for Purging lines
A small deckhouse provides a control position for bunkering control, a dry powder room, a small seating and mess area and toilet facilities. The design includes battery navigation lights allowing the barge to be left unattended when not operating.
The LNG bunkering barge design fulfils the following LNG essential requirements;
- Compatibility with the manifold of feeder vessels
- Compatibility with bunkered vessels bunker stations
- Compliance with design risk assessments
- Supports Emergency Shutdown Systems
Houlder has aimed to produce a new LNG bunkering barge design with low environmental impact and minimum maintenance requirements through effective use of available space. Design constraints include available harbour draught and dimensions and confirmation of compatibility with feeder and receiving vessel loading manifolds and transfer systems.
Houlder has calculated ROM prices for the LNG bunkering barge at European and Far Eastern yards. Value for money has been a key driver of all development. Do contact us should you require any further information.