Houlder has been a wholly independent provider of design, engineering services and equipment for over twenty five years.
In recent years, Houlder has built on its marine and oil & gas pedigree to proactively engage with emerging markets such as offshore renewable energy and LNG distribution. It is part way through a five year growth strategy aimed at doubling in size and capability.
Recent clients to benefit from this increased capacity include E.on Climate & Renewables, Siemens Wind Power, Technip, Subsea 7, Shell, BP Exploration, MPI Offshore, Aquatic, Transocean, Dolphin Drilling, Schlumberger & Ensco.
- Houlder employs 140 professionals in the UK. A network of associates means large project teams can be deployed quickly and easily.
- Houlder is an employee-owned business. It operates as an Employee Benefit Trust to support and reward sustainable growth.
- Houlder was named as a Sunday Times International FastTrack 200 business in 2015 thanks to its overseas sales success.
- Houlder reach is global with projects for the North Sea, Gulf of Mexico, West Africa, South Korea, Libya & Singapore.
- Houlder’s corporate affiliations include Subsea UK, NOF-Energy, The British Rig Owners Association and the Royal Institution of Naval Architects.
- Houlder won the Safety Innovation of the Year Offshore Achievement Award in 2013 for its Turbine Access System.
- Houlder was named Innovator of The Year in the 2014 South Tyneside Business Awards due to expansion in the region.
- Houlder was named British Design Team of the Year 2014 for its work in the Offshore Wind Farm Installation market.