Houlder’s strategy consultant, Sean McLaughlin, attended many key events during COP26 in…
Houlder webinar: Retro Thinking – Beyond fuel optimisation
Announcing a Houlder webinar:
Retro Thinking: Beyond fuel optimisation – investing in retrofitting clean technologies to mitigate climate and compliance risk
Wednesday 18th November 2020 9:00am GMT
Shipping is in an era of energy transition. By 2030 it aims to reduce GHG emissions by 40%. New, low carbon fuels seem to dominate the debate but are no panacea. Clean technology will play a significant part but brings with it investment decisions which are far from facile. This Webinar is an opportunity to hear informed perspectives on ‘smart investment’ from of an expert panel.
- How can retrofitting clean technology de-risk the existing fleet? Can older vessels remain competitive and therefore fundable? What happens as new, better performing vessels enter the market?
- Picking winners or financing multiple technologies?
- Who pays for clean technology?
- When is the right time to invest? How available is retrofit clean tech?
- How will the impact of carbon tax, levies and ETS affect the market?
Sean McLaughlin, Strategy Consultant, Houlder Ltd
Jonathan Strachan, New Build & Vessel Conversion Director, Houlder Ltd
Diane Gilpin, CEO, Smart Green Shipping
Kris Fumberger, Sustainability Manager, RightShip
Monique Giese, Partner, Global Head of Shipping, KPMG
Alisdair Pettigrew, Director, BLUE Communications