Wind-assist clean technology project led by Smart Green Shipping to focus on…
Ballast Water Management Breakfast
Houlder is hosting a Ballast Water Management breakfast seminar on the recent changes in legislation, Friday the 22nd of September at the Society of Maritime Industries headquarters, 28-29 Threadneedle Street, London EC2R 8AY.
The seminar will be hosted by Houlder and the Society of Maritime Industries with the International Chamber of Shipping. It will help owners and operators navigate ballast water management implementation. There will be presentations from Houlder and Jonathan Spremulli, Technical Director with the International Chamber of Shipping and Sahan Abeysekara, Lead Specialist, Engineering Systems at Lloyd’s Register.
The breakfast seminar aims to cover;
- How do the IMO BWM convention and USCG rules apply to my fleet?
- What are the implications of the postponement announced this summer?
- How costly is satisfying regulations likely to be including vessel downtime?
- What Ballast Water Management technologies are available? What are their pros and cons?
- What are the key engineering and installation challenges in retrofitting Ballast Water Management systems?
- What is the role of Port State Control and how can they ensure compliance?
We will welcome guests at 8:30am with breakfast and refreshments and will begin presentations at 9:00, aiming to finish by 10:30 with time for questions and networking.
As a wholly independent consultancy, Houlder has extensive experience working with a range of clients, vessels and units to facilitate compliant ballast operations.
Please RSVP Mike.Carter@Houlderltd.com if you are interested in attending. If you cannot make the date but still wish to discuss ballast water management with us, do please also get in touch.