Clients in the offshore renewables sector benefit from Houlder’s expertise in wind farm installation. Services vary from vessel design, through engineering and operational management to specialist equipment and pile handling solutions. You can read more here.
Houlder supply the following equipment to offshore renewables developers, construction contractors and installation vessel operators. Typically equipment is:
- Specialist construction and installation equipment
- Foundation and turbine component seafastening and handling equipment
- Deck lifting equipment and restraining arms (above)
- Subsea frames and guidance structures
- Personnel access and “walk to work” systems
Houlder also supply the following services and consultancy services to offshore renewables developers and other parties.
- Assessment of vessel Options (e.g. for FEED or tender selection)
- Naval Architecture & Vessel behaviour/ stability & motions
- Marine Engineering Consultancy
- Provision of Project Management team support
- R&D project support
- Expert witness and forensic engineering
In all our work, we quickly get to the detail and provide answers using a range tools and software including NAPA, Nupas-Cadmatic, Solidworks and Autodesk Inventor. Our calculations, drawings, graphics and animations focus on giving offshore wind developers the confidence to invest, build and operate new assets.