Another COP has drawn to a close, and this was potentially the…
Pontoons, Moorings and Access Systems
Houlder designs, fabricates and installs ship to shore infrastructure including pontoons, piers and moorings. It has been accountable for some of the most high profile public facilities on the River Thames as well as infrastructure for many UK ferry and cruise operators. Houlder’s knowledge and experience makes it the ideal partner to ensure safe and effective vessel operations.
Specific projects include;
- London Eye Access Pontoon System – Design, construction and installation of access and berthing facilities providing safe personnel access to the BA London Eye.
- Nelson’s Dock Passenger Access Pier – Design, construction and installation of an access and berthing pier for a River Thames passenger services
- Wandsworth Riverside Quarter Residential Moorings and Access facilities – Design, construction and installation of residential moorings on a River Thames drying berth.
- Westminster Pier – Design, construction and installation of a 30m extension to Westminster passenger access pier.
- Tate Millbank Passenger Pier – Analysis of pontoon structure and superstructure interface to ensure safety and compliance of the pier design.
- RNLI Fenit and Weymouth – Stability and strength analysis of berthing and fuelling pontoons to ensure safety and compliance
- Battlebridge Basin Residential Narrowboat Moorings – Detailed design, construction and installation of residential moorings and access facilities on the Grand Union Canal
- Metropolitan Police River Thames Pontoons – Regular inspection, survey and oversight of maintenance of river pontoons and access systems at Shepperton, Hampton, Barnes, Waterloo and Wapping.
- Wightlink Fuel Pontoon – Pontoon survey and design deck mods to take proprietary built storage & containment systems to a bunkering pontoon adjacent to their berth.
- Wightlink Emergency Berthing Barge – Design and as built drawings for an emergency berthing barge for use in the event of a linkspan failure.
- ML (UK) Ltd – Calculation of the berthing energy of the defined vessels and the forces for a refuelling berth pontoon.
- City Cruises – Scantling design and Stability analysis for a kitchen barge pontoon.
- Volker Stevin – the design of fender spacer units and associated connection mechanisms for the RN Queen Elizabeth Class Carrier quayside moorings in Portsmouth.
Houlder’s track record of pontoons, piers and moorings projects means we have proven in house expertise to support projects from scoping requirements through to detailed design, fabrication and installation.