New deck grillage system maximises efficiency on short term mobilisations Design and…
Flexible Pipe Laying Equipment
Houlder has a growing reputation for pipe laying equipment. The Reel Skidding Drive System (RSDS), designed, engineered and constructed by Houlder to the client specification, consists of a skid frame, skid trolley and push beam. Weighing 75t, the modular RSDS receives a loaded cassette reel of flexible product, engages its drive system and then transports the unit 10 metres along the vessel deck to the product deployment position.
Key features include
- 4m x 10m Skid Trolley
- Tower and cradle arrangement.
- Supports two reel types of up to 150t each
- Two 30t hydraulic rams drive the trolley 10m
- Trolley is driven over the skid frame on 200t Hillman Rollers
- Lateral movement arrested by guides at all four corners of the skid frame.
- Easily reversed to pull back to loading position
- Flashing light and audible safety alarm
- Designed to operate at sea in all but storm conditions
The RSDS was developed, designed and fabricated in a total of sixteen weeks. The pipe laying equipment has now been deployed to South America for mobilisation on-board Aquatic’s end customer’s vessel. The relationship with Aquatic continues, with Houlder currently developing a modular Reel Carousel.