Houlder has organised a Ballast Water Control and Management breakfast seminar on Wednesday 12th April 2017 at 7:30-9:30am at Skene House, 96 Rosemount Viaduct, Aberdeen, AB25 1NX.
The seminar will be hosted by Houlder, the British Rig Owners Association (BROA) and the UK Chamber of Shipping (UKCS). It will help owners and operators navigate ballast water management implementation for semisubs, jackups and drillships.
There will be presentations from Houlder and BROA/UKCS experts on the following questions;
- How do the IMO BWM convention and USCG rules apply to my fleet?
- How costly is satisfying regulations likely to be including vessel downtime?
- What Ballast Water Management technologies are available? What are their pros and cons?
- What are the key engineering and installation challenges in retrofitting Ballast Water Management systems to offshore vessels?
- What is the role of Port State Control and how can they ensure compliance?
We will welcome guests at 7:30am with breakfast and refreshments with presentations at 8:15am to 9:30am. There will be parking available.
As a wholly independent consultancy, Houlder has extensive experience working with a range of clients, vessels and units to facilitate compliant ballast operations. The British Rig Owners’ Association is the trade association for companies with mobile offshore units in the UK. Members operate and manage a variety of mobile offshore rigs/mobile offshore units (MOUs). The UK Chamber of Shipping is the trade association and voice of the UK shipping industry with more than 170 members from across the maritime sector.
The Ballast Water Control and Management seminar will provide a brief update on ballast water issues for operators in Aberdeen
Please RSVP firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in attending.